Huawei plans high-end phone launch amid glooms over Google ban
by SOURAV D | VIEW 510
On Wednesday, the 28th of August 2019, top executives of China’s tech behemoth, Huawei Technologies, headquartered in Shenzhen, China, said that the world’s No. 2 smartphone vendor would not be backing off of its plans to launch a series of new high-end smartphones in Europe, nonetheless, the smartphones would be able to offer Google’s Android OS alongside widely used Google apps likes of Google Play Store and Google Maps.
On top of that, despite a whiplashing blow to Huawei Technologies by US President Donald Trump aimed the crippling operations of the world’s largest telco gear manufacturer, Huawei had been holding forth to unveil its new Mate 30 lines of high-end smartphones on September 18th in Munich, a Huawei spokesman directly briefed over the subject-matter had unveiled on Wednesday (August 28th) on condition of anonymity as the source was not authorized to speak publicly about the subject-matter.
Further into the bid, the Huawei spokesman failed to make it clear when or how the devices would be put up for sale amid a harsh US ban on Huawei’s US-based suppliers, while a Google spokesman reaffirmed later on Wednesday (August 28th) that Huawei’s new Mate 30 lines smartphones could not be sold with Alphabet Inc.’s Google patented toolkits including its Android OS, apps and services.
Meanwhile, as a response to Google’s comment over the launch of Huawei’s Mate 30 smartphones, a Huawei spokesman, Joe Kelly said, “Huawei will continue to use the Android OS and ecosystem if the U.S. government allows us to do so. Otherwise, we will continue to develop our own operating system and ecosystem. ”