China's Huawei says open to 'no backdoor' agreement with India



by   |  VIEW 288

China's Huawei says open to 'no backdoor' agreement with India

A top official of US sanction-hit world's No. 1 telecommunication gear maker, China's Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong, said on Monday, the 14th of October 2019, that, Huawei was prepared to enter into a "no backdoor" accord with India in a bid to soothe up security concerns, as the South Asia's largest economy had been sketching out a plan to roll out a next-gen networking technology.

Aside from that, the CEO of Huawei Technologies' Indian wing, Jay Chen, said in an interview with a press agency over the sidelines of India Mobile Congress on Monday, the 14th of October 2019, that the Shenzhen-based Huawei, harbouring a 28 per cent global share of telecom equipment market had been in a close communication with India to clarify its stance over 5G solutions, Chinese intelligence laws alongside networking security.

In point of fact, latest comments from Huawei's head of Indian wing came forth at a critical timeline, while Washington had put Huawei in a trade blacklist to cripple its global operation over accusation that its networking equipment contained back doors which might enable Beijing to spy on other countries.

Nonetheless, India's stance on Huawei blacklisting had yet to be seen, as the world's second-largest market of wireless data by number of users, would likely to hold an auction before March 2020 to choose a 5G network developer.