On Tuesday, the 28th of January 2020, the French automotive industry tycoon Renault SA, which holds 43.4 per cent voting stake in Nissan, its Japanese alliance partner, had named former Seat brand head, Luca de Meo as its new Chief Executive Officer, as the automaker was seeking to erase corrosive impacts of a 2019 without its former boss Carlos Ghosn, who turned in to an international fugitive later last year after fleeing Japan while awaiting trial.
In point of fact, latest spell of management shake-up in Renault SA came forth days after Luca de Meo had resigned from VW’s SEAT brand, while Luca de Meo’s move was reportedly prodded by approaches from Renault executives later last month.
On top of that, the French carmaker, Renault SA, in which the French Government holds a 15 per cent stake, said in its Tuesday’s (January 28th) statement that De Meo would likely to take the office by July 1st, 2020, while Nissan was also quoted saying in a statement that it welcomed the welcomed the appointment.
Meanwhile, Nissan President and CEO, Makoto Uchida said in a statement earlier on Wednesday (January 29th), “We are all looking forward to working closely with him and our Alliance partners in our efforts to support mutually profitable growth. ”