On Wednesday, the 18th of March 2020, a spokeswoman for the US State Department said that the world’s No. 1 economy, the United States had cancelled all kinds of routine visa services for most of the countries across the globe “effective immediately” over a clattering wave of coronavirus outbreak across the globe which had spanned across 164 countries as of Wednesday (March 18th) and killed more than 9,000 people in less than 60 days, though analysts suggested that the unprecedented White House move would impact wages and jobs of millions of American nationals.
In point of fact, latest announcement from the US State Department came against a chaotic backdrop regarding potential spreads of coronavirus, as China’s Wuhan coronavirus outbreak that emerged last year, had spanned across five continents in less than three months and infected more than 212,000 people and had led to the death of nearly 9,000 people.
However, adding that the US missions abroad would continue to provide emergency visa services and the visa services would remain available for the US nationals, the US State Department spokeswoman said on Wednesday (March 18th), “Embassies and consulates in these countries will cancel all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments as of March 18, 2020. ”