On Monday, India suspends operations of 59 Chinese mobile apps including Bytedance’s TikTok and Tencent’s WeChat, suggesting a move what analysts said could be contemplated as one of the strongest line of incantations from Delhi in years targeting China.
In point of fact, as a border crisis over a disputed Himalayan region had seen deaths of 20 Indian soldiers and over 50 Chinese border guards according to sources earlier this month, relationships between the nuclear-powered enemies had soured substantially, while Monday’s move from India had branched out the issue further which Beijing could take into the World Trade Organizations (WTO), suggested analysts.
Google and Apple remove Chinese apps from Android and iOS stores
Meanwhile, as the Indian Technology Ministry had issued an statement on Monday saying “The (banned) apps are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order,” Google and Apple had taken down the blacklisted 59 Chinese apps from their stores, while the block out of major Chinese apps in India would likely to stumble a $1 billion expansion strategy of ByteDance’s TikTok, which recently had proposed a $1 billion investment strategy, opened up a data centre in India and spurred up a hiring spree in the country.
Nonetheless, followed by the Monday move of the Indian Technology Ministry, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said in a press briefing on Tuesday that India had a responsibility to uphold the rights of Chinese businesses adding that the world’s second-largest economy, which appeared to be losing its footings over the Indian border issue amid a growing ruckus regarding Sino-US spat, was quoted saying in a statement on Tuesday that the country was concerned about India’s decision to ban Chinese mobile apps such as ByteDance’s TikTok and Tencent’s WeChat and had been fact-checking the issue in order to verify the situation.
Nonetheless, nearly a couple of weeks earlier, Beijing and Delhi had reached a so-called border truce in a meet hosted by the officials from Kremlin, though a week earlier media reports had unveiled that Indian Government of PM Narendra Modi was looking to strengthen the nation’s military power, which reportedly has 150 nuclear missile to date, by purchasing Russ ballistic missiles aimed at closing its gaps with Chinese arsenals which Indian media claimed had created over 30 nuclear missiles last year.