On Saturday, the 9th of February, the Libyan State Company, National Oil Corp., said that its president, Mustafa Sanalla had been in talks with the Respol Executives in Tripoli, about the oil field crisis in the Sahara.
Since the largest oil field in the North African nation, operated by the Respol, had been the focus of armed conflict and hostilities between the internationally recognized government of Tripoli and a rival administration based on eastern Lybia, there had been ongoing clashes between the Tribes of Tripoli and the government of eastern Libya, stalling the production.
None the less, citing a cessation of armed conflict and hostilities around the facilities on last Thursday, February the 7th, Mustafa Sanalla said, “Both parties have called for a cessation of hostilities and armed conflict in and around the facility, which is essential to resume production operations”.
Before that, on Wednesday, the 6th of February, the government based on the eastern Libya sent a force to take out the oil field, which had been controlled by protestors and members of the tribes based mostly on Tripoli.
However, the oil production has still been crippled in Lybia, a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), since nation’s armed uprising of 2011, which overthrew the administration of Muammar Qaddafi.