Shedding a shimmering ray of hope over an almost erased Sino-US trade deal optimism following US President Trump’s remark earlier this week that the United States would hike tariff unless China could stamp a deal, United States’ National Security Adviser, Robert O’Brien said on Saturday, the 23rd of November 2019, that, a “Phase One” trade accord with China could still be possible by year-end, however, cautioned that the US President Donald Trump would not turn a deaf ear to a multi-month long violent Hong Kong protests, which casted away much of the Asia’s largest business HubSpot’s shine and even prompted a whopping number of Hong Kong natives to seek safety on other countries likes of Singapore.
Meanwhile, raising an alarming bell over what was happening over South China sea or Hong Kong, O’Brien said to the reporters at a security conference in Halifax on Saturday (November 23rd), “We were hoping to have (a phase 1) deal done by the end of the year.
I still think that’s possible. At the same time, we’re not going to turn a blind eye to what’s happening in Hong Kong or what’s happening in the South China Sea, or other areas of the world where we’re concerned about China’s activity. ”