Chief of McLaren Racing Ltd., the Woking, UK-based British motor racing team, said to reporters on Wednesday that the Formula One Flying-coffin Lewis Hamilton, who had had a career on McLaren between 2007 and 2012 and currently races for Mercedes, might not stay in sports after a contentious defeat in Abu Dhabi last month, becoming the latest to raise voice for the F1 flaming-rod over a growing uproar on his shocking defeat.
If truth is to be told, on last month’s season finale in Abu Dhabi, Hamilton had been leading at Yas Marina before a delayed safety car had altered the landscape and race director Michael Masi had favoured Red Bull’s Verstappen over Hamilton, costing the undisputed F1 turbocharger a record eighth title in a row in an utterly disputable circumstance.
Nonetheless, Sir Lewis Hamilton, 37, who had won his first F1 title back in 2008 with Mercedes-powered McLaren, did not break off any remarks since 2021 season closure, while his Mercedes F1 Team had hinted that the F1 fleet cash-cow had taken a wait-and-see approach over governing FIA’s response regarding the incident that sent a shockwave across Formula One floras and faunas.
Brown joins F1 juggernaut on Lewis Hamilton’s disputed defeat in Abu Dhabi
On top of that, speaking about Lewis Hamilton's future with the reporters at McLaren factory on Wednesday, McLaren F1 Team Chief Zak Brown said, “I wouldn’t be shocked if he stopped.
So, I don’t think anyone should take for granted he’s coming back... I don’t think we should rule it out or make light of it. I just personally think he still has a burning desire to race and that will ultimately drive his decision”.
Regardless of Zak Brown's thoughts on the subject, there's no denying that Lewis Hamilton's cemented his place as one of the greatest F1 drivers in the world. He's got seven World Drivers' Championship trophies under his belt, the same as the legendary Michael Schumacher, which makes Brown's statements a bit incredulous.