The comedian Jay Leno suffered severe burns after being involved in a gasoline fire
by FARUK IMAMOVIC | VIEW 349
Comedian and host Jay Leno was taken to hospital after suffering burns to his face in a fire that engulfed his car. According to NME, Leno canceled a show in Las Vegas, scheduled for Sunday, after he needed "urgent medical attention", according to Sky News.
A representative for the comedian said the fire broke out in the garage of Leno's home in Los Angeles. “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.," Leno said in a statement to NBC.
According to an employee of the comedian, Leno was hospitalized by a steam car. "It was a steam car. This steam was made by gas. It got sprayed, as a gas,"Swift, a mechanic who works at the garage, said. "He called me, and he told me there was a fire and the fire department is coming," the employee continued.
Leno also suffered serious injuries but nothing life-threatening, Swift said. "He's a tough guy, he's going to be fine. It's nothing life-threatening," Leno's employee confirmed. "He's in great spirits, but you know, it's going to take a while."
An email to Forum 2022 attendees from The Financial Brand
"His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling.
All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight." A scan of a blockage in his heart led him to speak about his battle with high cholesterol in 2019. "We really want people to see the connection, because a lot of people don't realize high cholesterol — and if you've had a heart attack or stroke, you're increasing your risk for another one.
It's like an earthquake, it might not destroy the house, but it certainly weakens the structure.' " "There's a lot of people walking around like that, they're just time bombs. You've got all this cholesterol, you don't realize it until it actually hits, you know? It's like in a car, if even one piece of dirt gets in the eye of the needle of the jet, and boom and no more gas comes through. And that's what happens with your heart."