Dallas Mavericks defeat Portland Trail Blazers, Lakers triumph over Nuggets
by FARUK IMAMOVIC | VIEW 324
The Dallas Mavericks defeated the Portland Trail Blazers 130-110 in a home game, with standout performances from Luka DonÄiÄ and Wood. DonÄiÄ scored 33 points, six rebounds, and nine assists, while Wood contributed 32 points and 12 rebounds.
“He did a great job of being able to play through him in the second quarter was huge for us,” coach Jason Kidd said. “The time he was on the floor on both ends, he gave us a lift tonight”. For the Blazers, Damian Lillard scored 24 points, ending a four-game streak of at least 35 points.
Jusuf NurkiÄ also played well for Portland, scoring 16 points, adding six rebounds, one assist, and one steal in 22 minutes on the court. “We didn't have it,” Portland coach Chauncey Billups said. “We'll talk about why we didn't have it.
I wanted to be smart about it. We're in a tough little stretch. Got to know when to fold 'em”.
Lakers vs Nuggets
In a matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Denver Nuggets, the Lakers emerged victorious with a score of 126-108.
Lebron James had a standout game for the Lakers, scoring 30 points, nine rebounds, and four assists. “The pace changed, and the game changed,” Westbrook said. “You could see it. When we play that way, it's hard to beat us”.
“It's huge, especially after the heartbreak loss we had last time against Boston,” James said. “We started to get defensive stops, and we were able to get out and execute offensively”. For the Nuggets, Nikola JokiÄ scored 25 points and had 11 assists and eight rebounds.
The Lakers' win ended the Nuggets' three-game winning streak and marked the sixth consecutive time that the Mavericks have defeated Portland.
- Charlotte Hornets - Atlanta Hawks 106:125
- Detroit Pistons - Sacramento Kings 113:122
- Boston Celtics - Orlando Magic 109:117
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Indiana Pacers 118:112
- Philadelphia 76ers - Golden State Warriors 118:106
- Toronto Raptors - Brooklyn Nets 116:119
- Chicago Bulls - New York Knicks 91:114
- Oklahoma City Thunder - Minnesota Timberwolves 110:112
- Dallas Mavericks - Portland Trail Blazers 130:110
- Los Angeles Lakers Denver Nuggets 126:108