Today at the World Cup in Qatar, matches in groups C and D will be played as part of the third round. At the end of the day, three more participants will be revealed for the round of 16 at the World Cup. Four selections from group D will take the field.
After two rounds, France secured passage to the knockout phase, and the remaining three teams are fighting for second place, which leads to the round of 16. Australia - Denmark and Tunisia - France meet. The French have six points, Australia has three, and Denmark and Tunisia have one point each.
- Australia advances to the round of 16 with a win over Denmark or a draw, provided Tunisia does not beat France
- Denmark goes to the round of 16 with a win over Australia, provided Tunisia does not beat France with a bigger margin than them
- Tunisia goes to the round of 16 if it beats France, and with a draw between Australia and Denmark or if it beats France more convincingly than Denmark beats Australia.
As of right now, Poland has four points, Argentina and Saudi Arabia both have three points, and Mexico has one point. Lionel Messi is in a group that's wide open, and in any of two scenarios, he could pack his bags and end his last world championship by being eliminated during the group stage.
Poland advances with a win or a draw with Argentina
- Argentina advances with a win over Poland. In the event of a draw, they must hope that Saudi Arabia does not beat Mexico by a wide margin.
- Saudi Arabia advances with a win over Mexico.
In case of a draw, they must hope for a convincing victory for Argentina over Poland.
- Mexico advances if it beats Saudi Arabia, and Poland beats Argentina.
- Australia v Denmark,
- Tunisia v France
- Argentina v Poland,
- Mexico v Saudi Arabia