The second UFC event in a row this month offers us a real handful of good action; Teixeira defends the light heavyweight belt against Prochazka, and Valentina Shevchenko defends her flyweight belt against Taila Santos. In addition to the two belt fights, we will also watch the rematch of one of the best women’s MMA fights of all time, Zhang Weili against Joanna Jedrezejczyk.
Glover Teixeira and Valentina Shevchenko successfully passed the scales before defending their titles; This will be Glover's first defense, while Valentina will defend his title for the seventh time. Glover and Prochazka were at the same weight, both fighters weighed exactly 205 lbs.
Valentina Shevchenko on the scales was slightly lighter than her opponent; she weighed 124.5 lbs (56.5kg), while Talia Santos weighed 125 lbs (56.7kg).
Talia's statement was short: "My dream has come true." , let's do it!"
Former champions Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk were also accurate on the scales; both weighed 116 lbs (52.6kg).
The fight between Roger Bontorin and Manel Cape was canceled after Botorin ended up hospitalized due to kidney problems after a difficult weight loss. See the weighing results below. UFC 275 - Weighing Results (lbs):
The main part of the program:
- Glover Teixeira (205) vs.
Jiri Prochazka (205)
- Valentina Shevchenko (124.5) Taila Santos (125)
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (116) Zhang Weili (116)
- Andre Fialho (170.5) vs. Jake Matthews (170.5)
- Jack Della Maddalena (170.5) vs. Ramazan Emeev (171)
The preliminary part of the program:
- Joshua Culibao (146) vs.
Seung Woo Choi (146)
- Maheshate (155.5) vs. Steve Garcia (155.5)
- Brendan Allen (186) vs. Jacob Malkoun (186)
The early preliminary part of the program:
- Kyung Ho Kang (136) vs. Batgerel Danaa (136)
- Liang Na (116) vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez (116)
- Ramona Pascual (145) vs.
Joselyne Edwards (145)
- Note: Rogerio Bontorin vs. Manel Kape - Fight canceled